LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
MANDay Night, January 8
Monday night, January 8 at 7:00pm at the East Campus, it’s not going to be just another Monday night – it’s going to be a MANDay Night! There will be some man food, man hang-out time, and a challenging message geared toward men. And don’t worry – you won’t miss the college football national championship. In fact, we’ll have it playing on the big screen! So come join us. RSVP at onelifeknox.com/manday. Dads, bring your middle or high school sons along with you!
Join a Home Group
One of our values at OneLife is that we won’t do life alone! So we encourage everyone to take the next step of joining a Home Group. These small groups of 10-12 people meet in homes throughout the city at different days and times during the week and allow you to connect with and share life with other people. To sign up go by Next Steps in the lobby of your Campus or for more information about Home Groups go to onelifeknox.com/groups.
OneLife’s Student Ministry meets every Wednesday night at 6:30pm at each campus. If you’re in middle or high school, this is a great way for you to get to know other students, grow in your faith, and have a lot of fun too! If you’d like more information about OneLife Students stop by the student banner in the lobby of your Campus or go to onelifeknox.com/students.
If you’ve given your life to Jesus, but haven’t gone public with your story through baptism, then it’s time to take that next step! Go to onelifeknox.com/baptism so that we can help you get started.
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
Key Scriptures: 2 Corinthians 5:13-19; 1 Timothy 4:7
To have the best ever I have to do what I’ve done never.
- Having the best year ever starts with…
- Admit I have a “me” problem.
- Instead, live for Jesus.
- Then live for others to live for Jesus.
- Finally – don’t try! Train.
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the Conversation Started!
- Think back over your life and have everyone in the group share this: What was the best year you ever had? Why was it the best you’ve had yet?
- Share when you have tried to make small changes to something but really just ended up doing what you’ve always done before…and go the same results you’ve always gotten before!
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. If 2018 is going to be the best year yet, what does this verse say has to happen?
- Read Revelation 21:5. Whose job is it to make the new life happen? If that’s the case, what is your role in experiencing the new life?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:15. When you gave your life to Jesus or as you have been experiencing Him more, how have you found this happening in your life? How have you been living less for yourself and more for Him?
- But now be honest! Where do you have the hardest time letting go of the old life of “me” centered living? Where do you see that he still wants the old life to die so a new life can begin?
- Read Galatians 2:20. What does this verse say must happen if we are to take these steps that we’ve never seen before?
- What are ways that you can become more aware of the me-centered grip that controls our “flesh” so often? What can you do to more regularly admit and confess that back to Jesus?
- What would other people in your life notice about you if you died to your self? How will this open opportunities to share Jesus with them?
- Take some time to thank God that he wants this to be the best year you’ve ever had!
- Confess to God the ways you focus on yourself without even realizing it.
- Ask God to help you live for him and others so 2018 will be a year that makes a huge difference!
- 2 Corinthians 5