LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
Walk in the Christmas Parades!
Every year OneLife participates in Christmas parades all over Knoxville. This is a great way to represent OneLife Church out in the community. Plus, it’s a lot of fun! So – we need YOU to join us and walk in one of the parades, passing out candy and invite cards to our Christmas services. This year we are participating in 3 area parades – December 1 in the downtown Knoxville parade at 7pm, and December 2 in Halls at 2pm and Powell at 5pm. Sign up at onelifeknox.com/parade.
Jingle Jam – A Kids Ministry Family Experience
Jingle Jam is a Christmas Party big enough for the whole family! Kids- bring your parents to this interactive Christmas presentation. It will take place at the North Campus on December 3rd at 6:30pm. Be sure to invite another family to join you!
Kid City Team Nights
Did you know that every month it takes a TON of volunteers to prepare all of the arts and crafts, games, and lesson plans for our kids ministry? That’s where you come in! At 6:30pm on Tuesday, November 28 at the North campus and Thursday, November 30 at the East campus you’re invited to help us make it all happen. From cutting out crafts, to organizing lesson plans, building crazy games, and more – it’s a lot of fun and it’s a huge way for you to support Kid City. For more information about Kids City go to onelifeknox.com/kids.
OneLife Students United Night Christmas Party
Christmastime is here and OneLife Students is throwing a huge party to celebrate! Join us for our United Night Christmas Party on December 13th at 6:30pm. Both campuses will meet at the North location. Invite a friend, dress like your favorite Christmas movie character, and get ready to have an absolute blast. For more information, stop by the OneLife Students banner in the lobby.
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
Key Scriptures: Luke 1
When God doesn’t make sense, shift your perspective to see through His eyes.
- God stretches us to show us he can do the impossible..
- God’s purpose is often different than our plans.
- God shows his power best in our darkest times.
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the Conversation Started!
- Share of a time when something didn’t make sense to you until you experienced it for yourself?
- Read Luke 1:6-18 How did Elizabeth and Zechariah react when the angel told them they would give birth to John at their old age?
- Read Luke 1:26-31 How did Mary take the news that she was going to give birth to Jesus? How could this be an interruption to her plans?
- What seemingly impossible situation in your life could God be using to stretch you?
- Share of a time when your plans have been interrupted with God’s higher purpose?
- When have you experienced God’s power shining through in a dark time? Read 1 Peter 5:7, how can you cast your cares on God during these times?
- How is God not making sense in your life right now? What will it look like for you to shift your perspective to see through his eyes??
- How can you help someone this week see the impossible as a way that God wants to stretch them?
- What is a plan you currently have that God could have a higher purpose for you?
- Take some time to thank God that he has a higher purpose and can do the impossible.
- Confess to God the ways you may try to fight his purposes and put limitations his work in your life.
- Ask God to help you see through his eyes even when he doesn’t make sense!
- Luke 1 & 1 Peter 5:7