LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
As the Christmas season approaches this is the perfect time to give back to those less fortunate in our community and even across our nation. This year OneLife is partnering with Helen Ross McNabb’s Angel Tree program as well as providing Angel Tree gifts for children on the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation in Montana. Through the Angel Tree programs you can provide Christmas presents for children who otherwise may receive nothing this year. The Angel Tree will be in the lobby starting Sunday, November 12 – so be sure to stop by then!
Christmas Parade Float Construction
Every year OneLife participates in Christmas parades all over Knoxville. This is a great way to represent OneLife Church out in the community. Plus, it’s a lot of fun! We need your help with parade float construction and decorating. Whether you’re a handyman, crafty decorator, or just want to hang out and get to know people, you’ll love helping out! Sign-ups are available at onelifeknox.com/parade.
OneLife Students – Double Dog Dare Weekend!
If you’re in middle or high school, we have a brand new event that you’re going to love called Double Dog Dare Weekend! Here’s how it works: you invite a friend over to stay the night on Saturday, November 18th. Then, you and your friend complete some dares and send in pictures. Finally, you and your friend come to church on Sunday where we pick some winners and give out prizes. It’s guaranteed to be the most fun you’ve ever had or your money back. Go to onelifeknox.com/doubledogdare and sign up today.
Connect on a OneLife Facebook Group
Most people know about our OneLife Facebook page, online at facebook.com/onelifechurch. But did you know OneLife also has Facebook groups for each campus? These groups are a great way for you to stay up-to-date and connected with everything going on at your OneLife campus. Simply search Facebook for OneLife North or OneLife East to join.
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
Key Scriptures: Revelation 5:11-12; Hebrews 1; Matthew 18:10
The unseen entourage puts unseen value on display.
- Angels were created by God.
- Angels existed before creation.
- Angels are under Christ’s Authority.
- The entourage of Angels…
- …worships God. They place value first and foremost on Jesus!
- …fights darkness. This shows the value and reality of darkness that must be fought against!
- …fights for others. This shows the value God places on each person who has surrendered to Him.
- …fights for me. Even when it doesn’t feel like it or seem like it, the Father values me enough to send his entourage to fight for me. More than that, He values me enough that He sent Jesus to die for me!
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the Conversation Started!
- Have you ever been around a famous person? What was their entourage like?
- Watch this video as a group! How does this prove the point that inside of us is an understanding and assumption that an entourage equates to value?
- Read Revelation 5:11-12. How does this describe the “entourage” of angels in heaven? How are angels or groups of angels usually depicted in art or culture, and how is this description different?
- Read Hebrews 1:1-7. In the Old Testament, God spoke through angels and prophets. So it might be natural to wonder why you have never experienced something like that. What does this passage teach is different now? How does God speak now (hint: verse 2), and what has then become the role of the angels (hint: verses 6 &7)?
- Read Luke 22:41-44 and Matthew 4:10-11. What did the angels do for Jesus in these passages, and what were Jesus’ circumstances in those moments? How can you take hope and encouragement for how God might use his unseen entourage to do the same for you?
- Read this blog together. Which of those misconceptions have you believed at some point, or could you be most tempted to accept?
- Read Matthew 18:10. Share how this verse can help you to value someone that may be a tough relationship for you.
- Read Psalm 91:9-16. What does this passage say about your value to God? What keeps you from accepting this value, and what can you do to allow that to help you surrender your all to Jesus?
- How will valuing others like Jesus values them and accepting the value Jesus gives you change the way others might see Jesus in your life? How can this open up opportunities for you to share your story of Jesus with them?
- As you pray, thank God for giving you an entourage that fights for you.
- Confess to God the ways you may focus on yourself rather than the value He has and the value others have in Jesus.
- Ask God to help you trust Him as the one that protects and fights for you and also protects and fights for others you love so that you don’t have to do it yourself!
- Hebrews 1