LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
OneLife Students Presents: Fear Factor, October 25
Halloween is right around the corner, and OneLife Students is going to celebrate in style. On Wednesday night, October 25th at the East Campus, students from both campuses will come together for Fear Factor. We’ll have games, a costume contest, and a few other surprises. We’ll also have a Fear Factor-style competition that will put your courage to the test. Grab a friend and a costume, and we’ll see you there. The doors open at 6:30 and the party starts at 7. For more information about Fear Factor stop by the OneLife Students banner in the lobby after the service.
Kid City Team Nights
Did you know that every month it takes a TON of volunteers to prepare all of the arts and crafts, games, and lesson plans for our kids ministry? That’s where you come in! At 6:30pm on Tuesday, October 24 at the North campus and Thursday, October 26 at the East campus you’re invited to help us make it all happen. From cutting out crafts, to organizing lesson plans, building crazy games, and more – it’s a lot of fun and it’s a huge way for you to support Kid City. For more information about kids ministry go to onelifeknox.com/kids.
Volunteer Interest Meeting, November 5
If you’ve been coming to OneLife but haven’t started volunteering, then it’s time to get on the team! Come to our next Volunteer Interest Meeting that we call “Test Drive” on Sunday, November 5 at 9:00am in the Meeting Room of your campus. Go to onelifeknox.com/volunteer to get signed up today!
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
Key Scriptures: 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 12:7-9
To defeat the enemy I have to recognize the enemy.
- The enemy’s motive is murder, and method is lies.
- The enemy is fighting over me.
- Demons scheme to lure you away from God.
- Demons want to paralyze you with fear.
- To defeat the enemy, we…
- Don’t take the enemy lightly.
- Don’t flirt with darkness.
- Don’t fight with our power, but God’s authority.
- And when all is said and done, WE WIN!
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the Conversation Started!
- When have you needed to know about something so that you could solve it? When did not knowing about it backfire on you like the candle wax fire with water?
- Read Ezekiel 28:15. What does this verse teach about where Satan came from and what he was like in the beginning?
- Read Ezekiel 28:16-17. What led to Satan’s fall and what did God do to him?
- Why is it important to know that God created Satan and it was God who cast him out of heaven? What does it teach about God’s power?
- Read Daniel 10:12-13. What do you think may have happened if Daniel stopped praying before day 21? What does this mean for you when you are waiting for God to answer? What is happening even if you can’t see it when God seems silent?
- Read John 8:44. What have you seen the enemy try to “murder” in your life, and what were the lies he used?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:7. What fears have paralyzed you or tend to paralyze you the most?
- How will recognizing fear as an attack of the enemy help you to overcome that fear and defeat the enemy?
- Read Matthew 10:1. What will be different when you stop fighting with your own power and fight with God’s authority?
- Read Revelation 12:10-11. How does sharing your story of Jesus (aka testimony) defeat the enemy? Where and with whom can you share your story this week?
- As you pray, thank God that he gives you the authority to defeat the enemy!
- Confess to God the ways you may take the enemy lightly or even flirt with darkness.
- Ask God to help you trust him to fight for you and give you the victory so others in your life can have victory, too!
- Isaiah 14:12-21