LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
Night of Worship, October 18
If you like Sunday morning worship at OneLife then you’ll love our night of worship coming up this Wednesday night, October 18 at 6:30pm at your campus. There will be an extended time of music, prayer, communion, and a challenging message from Pastor Rodney. You don’t want to miss this!
Start Here – for Elementary Kids & Parents
If you’re a parent of an elementary student and your child has been talking to you about their relationship with Jesus – or if you’re wanting to learn more about HOW to talk to your child about Jesus – then we have an event called “Start Here” that is the perfect next step for you. It’ll take place on Sunday, October 22 in the meeting room of your campus at 9am during the first service. To sign up go to onelifeknox.com/starthere.
MANDay Night, October 23
At OneLife we want to see our men grow deeper in their faith, build strong friendships with other men, lead their families well, and serve the needs of our church and community. So, on October 23rd at 7:00pm at the North Campus, it’s not going to be just another Monday night, but a MANDay Night, where we’ll challenge and equip our men to do just that. There will be some man food, man hang-out time, and a challenging message geared toward men. Plus, since it’s the fall season, men can bring their crockpot full of chili and see if they have what it takes to win the OneLife Top Chef Prize. RSVP at onelifeknox.com/manday. Dads, bring your middle or high school sons along with you!
OneLife Students Presents: Fear Factor, October 25
Halloween is right around the corner, and OneLife Students is going to celebrate in style. On Wednesday night, October 25th at the East Campus, students from both campuses will come together for Fear Factor. We’ll have games, a costume contest, and a few other surprises. We’ll also have a Fear Factor-style competition that will put your courage to the test. Grab a friend and a costume, and we’ll see you there. The doors open at 6:30 and the party starts at 7. For more information about Fear Factor stop by the OneLife Students banner in the lobby after the service.
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
Key Scriptures: Ephesians 6:10-20
What I can’t see is so much bigger than what I can see.
- There’s a war trying to destroy me and keep me from God.
- The enemy is not what I can see. The enemy is what I can’t see.
- I should always be preparing for battle, even when I can’t see it coming.
- The Unseen One is the One who will fight for me and win.
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the Conversation Started!
- Share a time that you got involved in something or started something where there was so much more to it than it looked.
- When you saw how much more there was to it, did it make you quit or keep going? Why?
- Read Ephesians 6:10-11. Whose armor and whose power starts the conversation about spiritual warfare? Why is it important to focus on this reality before moving on to the spiritual warfare topic?
- Read Ephesians 6:12-13. What is it that these verses say will lead to victory in spiritual warfare? What is important about the word “full,” “complete,” or “whole” (depending on your translation) in verse 13?
- Read Ephesians 6:12 again. What is a “flesh and blood” enemy in your life that you find yourself getting distracted by fighting it or them?
- What or who is the real enemy in your example above?What holds you back from seeing the true enemy in those relationships and situations?
- Read Ephesians 2:11-13. What are these verses saying about who you really were before Jesus? If you embrace this as truth, how will it help you see people for who they really are rather than seeing them as the enemy?
- Read Ephesians 6:14-18. Go through each thing this passage tells you to do and talk about what that would look like in your day to day life if you actually did it.
- How would living with the understanding that the unseen world is so much bigger than the seen world help you to multiply the story of Jesus to others in your life?
- As you pray, thank God that he sent Jesus to fight your battles for you, even when you can’t see Him fighting or can’t see the battle coming!
- Confess to God the ways and times that you’ve fought on your own or just didn’t live as if there was a battle on the way.
- Ask God to help you fight the right enemy and to help you trust that He is fighting for you!
- Ephesians 6