LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
New Service Times for the Fall, 9am & 10:45am
At the beginning of the summer, OneLife changed its service times for the summer months to allow more time in between each service and start a little earlier as well. Now that the summer is nearing an end it’s time to adjust those service times back. However, we are going to keep the earlier start times! So, beginning September 10 our new service times will be 9am & 10:45am. We can’t wait to see you then!
Kid City Glow Night – an Elementary Family Experience
Are you ready for some glow in the dark fun? Kid City’s Glow Night is an experience for elementary students and their families with glow in the dark games & entertainment that’s going to be a blast! Join us at OneLife’s East Campus on Friday Night, September 15 from 7:00-8:30pm. RSVP online at onelifeknox.com/glow or write “Glow Night” on your Connection Card and we’ll send you the link to sign up.
Starting Point – A New Sunday Morning Group
Everything has a starting point – your life, your relationships, your education, your career. Sometimes we forget that our faith has a starting point, or might need a new starting point. Beginning Sunday, September 17 at 10:45am in the Meeting Room of your campus, OneLife is hosting an 8-week small group study that will allow you to reflect on different topics of faith, all while getting to know other OneLifers. So whether you’ve been attending OneLife for a few weeks or a few years, this is a great next step to take. Click onelifeknox.com/startingpoint to sign up.
Over the last few months we’ve seen story after story of people whose lives have been changed by Jesus! If you’ve given your life to Jesus, but haven’t gone public with your story through baptism, then it’s time to take that next step. Go to onelifeknox.com/baptism so that we can help you get started.
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
Key Scriptures: 2 Corinthians 5:16-20
Nothing grows without Sacrifice!
- Jesus will grow his church but he wants to work through us.
- Growth is “normal” in the church.
- It Starts by changing how we see people.
- We will see Jesus change lives.
- God Changes lives and he works through us to do it.
- You play a role in people experiencing Jesus.
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the Conversation Started!
- Talk about a time when your team, group, company or something else you were part of grew and you had to sacrifice something?
- What are some examples of things you have to do in life to grow that are hard but worth it? (Like getting in shape or being part of a growing family.)
- Read Acts 2:47 What made the early church grow so rapidly that people were being added to their number “each day”?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 How does seeing people the way God sees them allow us to see more life-change in people?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 What does it mean to reconcile people back to God as an ambassador?
- Why is it both exhilarating and hard to be part of a growing church? What makes it worth it?
- How does God use people where they live, work, and play to help people experience Jesus?
- What’s the difference between a church that is “sit, soak and sour” and a church that is all about multiplication?
- What is your role in helping people experience Jesus? Give some examples of what it looks like practically.
- Who in your life could you be intentional about sharing your story with this week?
- As you pray, thank Jesus that you get to have a relationship with him!
- Confess to God the ways you’ve been unwilling to sacrifice so the church can continue to reach more people.
- Ask God to show you who your “people” are and who might be an open person that you can spend time with to show Jesus.
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-21