LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
Come to the Castle – A Preschool Family Experience
Calling all princes and princesses! Join us for a fun & interactive preschool family experience held at OneLife’s North Campus on Friday, June 16th at 6:30pm. This is a FREE event designed for preschool families, but we encourage the whole family to attend. Oh- and don’t forget to invite other preschool parents where you live, work and play! To RSVP visit onelifeknox.com/preschoolnight. We can’t wait to see you there!
Middle School “Next Level” Move-up Day
If your child is entering Middle School this fall, then make plans to attend “Next Level”. This will be held on June 23rd at 6:30pm. During this event, parents and students will meet our Student Ministry Team and enjoy game time. And parents- you will receive some valuable information on how to make the most of the middle school years!
MANday Night – June 19
June 19 isn’t going to be just another Monday night. For the guys of OneLife, it’s going to be MANday night. So come to the East campus at 7pm for some man food, man hang-out time, and a challenging message geared toward men. Visit onelifeknox.com/manday to let us know you are coming. Dads, bring your middle school and high school sons with you!
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
The more I know about God, the more I know I don’t know about God.
There is one true God who exists eternally in three persons.
This doctrine was taught by Jesus and believed by the earliest Christ followers, even though it was hard to understand!
It teaches us that God is all about relationship.
The Father is my creator and provider. The Son is my savior. The Holy Spirit is my advocate.
The concept of the trinity reminds me that God is too awesome to comprehend!
The more I know about God, the more I know I don’t know about God. And the more I can trust He is in control.
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the conversation started!
- What is something you’ve learned about, only to find out there’s still so much to learn!?
- What is something you don’t understand how it works, but yet you trust it anyway? What is something you didn’t understand so you just ignored it all?
- Read Matthew 28:19. What does this verse seem to teach about the trinity and the equality of the three persons of God?
- Read John 14:26. Where do you see each of the three persons and their attributes in this verse?
- Read Genesis 1:26. According to this verse, how long does it seem that the three persons of the Trinity have been in existence?
- How does the doctrine of the Trinity to show how much God wants a relationship with you and me?
- What has been your belief or view of the Trinity up to this point in your spiritual life? Is it something you’ve heard or thought much about?
- Which of the three persons of God do you find yourself thinking or focussing the most on? Which of the three gets the least of your attention?
- Read Romans 8:26-27. What does this teach the Holy Spirit is doing for you when you don’t even realize it? How does this show that the Spirit is your advocate, fighting for a relationship with you? How does that change the way you view God?
- Read John 16:5-10. How do you see the Father being provider, the Son being savior, and the Spirit being Advocate in this passage? How have you experienced a relationship with each of these in your life?
- How do you find it hard to trust your Father to be provider, and what can you do to surrender control to Him?
- How do you experience the Son being savior, not just at a point in time when you pray “the prayer” but as a relationship each and every day?
- How can you experience the Spirit’s work in your life more clearly? What can you do to hear and experience Him every day?
- How will embracing a relationships with all three persons of God lead you to live a life on mission that multiplies to those where you live, work, and play?
- As you pray, thank God for wanting a relationship with you.
- Confess to God how you have tried to figure him out and taken your eyes off the relationship He wants to have with you.
- Ask God to help you to live in a way that enjoys a relationship with all three persons of God!
- John 16