LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
Night of Worship
This has been the most incredible season in the life of our church as we have seen record growth and countless stories of life change. Come celebrate all God has done Wednesday night, May 24 at 6:30pm at your campus through an extended time of music, prayer, communion, and more. You don’t want to miss this!
Kid City Summer Team – We Need You!
Summer is almost here, which means it’s time for our Kid City Summer Team! So what exactly is it? Every year, because of the summer schedules, we have a ton of volunteer opportunities open up in Kid City. Whether it’s serving in one of the preschool classrooms, being crazy with the elementary kids, or hosting families at kids check-in on Sunday mornings – or even helping behind the scenes throughout the week – there are all kinds of ways for you to serve during the summer months. It’s not only a huge help to our church, but it will be a ton of fun for you in the process. Sign up and let us know you’re coming! Click here to sign up!
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
2 Corinthians 5:1-10, Matthew 5:23-27
Death is not the end! Death is the end of the beginning.
- Death is something we will all face! The way we view death directly impacts the way we live this life.
- When I die, I will trade the temporary for the eternal.
- A new life and a new body will give birth to the new beginning!
- I will immediately be in my new home with Jesus!
- Heaven is the reward for those who have a relationship with Jesus. Heaven is not the reward for those who simply pray a prayer.
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the conversation started!
- Have you ever had something end, like a graduation, where you thought or felt like it was the end of life as you know it, but it was really just the end of the beginning?! Why did you think it was the end? How did you end up discovering that it was just the start of a new chapter?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:1. How do we often end up believing that this life is made by “human hands”? What will be different about the next life?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:2-5. How do these verses show the difference between what we think is life now versus what it will really be like? How do these verses offer us hope?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:6-10. What does this passage say that we can be confident in? Who gets to have this confidence?
- What has been your view of death or how you were taught about it? What new perspectives did this message help you take or did it reinforce?
- Read Romans 6:23. Why do we all face death in the first place? Why is eternal life considered a gift?
- How does Romans 6:23 help you to see God as a loving Father rather than a disciplinarian when it comes to death?
- How does the view of death not being the end but being a new beginning help you live life differently? What can you change or view differently now?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:11. What is the result of Paul’s belief that there is a new life waiting in eternity? How can you live like this? How would it change the way you talk to people where you live, work or play? How can it change the way you view your role in the church?
- As you pray, thank God for giving you hope that death is not the end, but just the end of the beginning!
- Confess to God how you get sucked into the trap and temptation of living for the here and now rather than living for the eternal.
- Ask God to help you to live on a mission to multiply your faith into other people so that they, too, can experience this hope of a new life!
- 2 Corinthians 5
- Revelation 21:1-8