LISTEN TO THE SERMON:
This study guide is provided for OneLife Home Groups to use as the guide for your time together. You can also use it to go deeper on your own throughout the week! Need to join a home group? Click here!
NEED TO KNOW:
Easter Bunny Photos
On Saturday morning, April 15 we will host our annual free photos with the Easter Bunny at three local Chick-fil-A stores – Fountain City, Emory Road, and Clinton Highway. This is a unique way to serve families in our city while also reaching out in a creative way the day before Easter. You can help in one of many ways, including setting up and tearing down, taking photos, editing photos and posting to our website, hosting families, and even being the Easter Bunny! Write “Bunny Photos” on your Connection Card for more information or sign up at onelifeknox.com/easterphotos.
Easter Is Coming! April 16
Last year more than 1300 people attended OneLife on Easter and we expect even more this year. Here’s how you can help make this a life-changing day. First, don’t come alone! Bring someone with you. Second, volunteer to serve even if it isn’t your regularly scheduled day. Third, find someone you don’t know that morning and start a conversation! Make them feel welcomed and loved by not saving seats and only talking to people you know. It could be the first time anyone cared for them in that way!
April 24 isn’t going to be just another Monday night. For the guys of OneLife, it’s going to be MANday night. Come to the East campus at 7pm for some man food, man hang out time, and a challenging message geared toward men. Let us know you’re coming by writing “MANday Night” on your connection card. Dads, bring your middle school and high school sons with you!
IF Gathering 2017, a OneLife Women’s Event
Ladies, on Friday and Saturday, May 5 & 6 at the East campus we are hosting our annual women’s event called the IF Gathering. This fun and powerful weekend event features times of worship, challenging messages from some of the top women’s leaders around the country, and a chance for you to get to know other ladies at OneLife. Registration opens today, so sign up now at onelifeknox.com/if.
THINK IT OVER
Think back through Sunday’s message. What stuck out?
2 Samuel 22
- When redemption comes, I’ll experience the following five things…
- 1. God hears me.
- 2. There is a dramatic rescue.
- 3. I’m brand new.
- 4. I find my purpose.
- 5. I leave a legacy.
TALK IT OVER
Start Talking – Get the conversation started!
- Have you ever gotten stuck, literally, like Rodney and his truck? What did you do to get out? Did you make a bigger mess trying to get out?
- Have you ever been stuck, figuratively speaking, in some way in your life? Did you find that the harder you tried to get out, the deeper your pit became? Share that experience.
- Read 2 Samuel 22:4-6. What three things does David experience in the depth of his pit? What does verse 6, specifically, mean?
- Read 2 Samuel 22:7. What changes between verse 6 and 7? Why was this such a big deal to David?
- Read 2 Samuel 22:8-16. What was God angry at? What do these vivid images teach you and represent as David describes God’s reaction?
- Thinking back to verses 5 and 6, have you ever felt like David feels in these verses? What had you feeling so overwhelmed?
- Read 2 Samuel 22:17-20. Have you ever cried out to God and felt him rescue you dramatically like David describes here? If so, share that experience. If not, what would be an example of something you need God to rescue you from, and what might the dramatic rescue be like?
- Read 2 Samuel 22:21-25. How did David describe himself in these verses, and why is he able to describe himself in these ways? Do you feel that way about yourself? Why or why not?What gives you the ability to feel this way if you would accept it?
- In 1 Chronicles 29:1-3, David describes his new purpose. What is it? What purpose could God want you to have that leads to an eternal difference once you have been redeemed?
- What legacy does David leave in 1 Chronicles 29:21-25? If you were to leave a legacy that makes an eternal difference, what might it be?
- How does sharing your story of Jesus changing your life where you live, work, and play a way for you to have a purpose and leave a legacy? Who are you inviting to Easter? Everyone share who you are inviting! This could be part of your purpose and legacy!
- As you pray, thank God for redeeming you even when you fall hard and find yourself in a deep pit!
- Confess to God how you may forget at times how much he loves you and badly he wants to redeem you.
- Ask God to help you live for the purpose he has for you, and to leave a legacy that makes an eternal impact.
- 2 Samuel 22
- 1 Chronicles 29